Monday, September 30, 2013

So Quotable

Today I thought I would be nice and include some direct quotes from my potential suitors:

"hey there saw you in my matches and wanted to introduce myself. My name is (BLOCK HIS NAME). Im interested in talking further. let me know"

I am never going to not go out with a guy because of this but is it so much to ask that you put a little effort into typing an email? It's not like he wrote a long paragraph - it was three and a half sentences (if you can call them that). He seems like a nice, good-looking guy so I intend on responding EVEN THOUGH his proflie mispels everie sinlge wrod.

" I noticed we have so much in common and I hope we ll have the opportunity to get along much more in the future...I have been to California in November 2011 where I stayed most of time, so I would love to meet up new people, I like to talk and have smart conversations, I m quite sure you are great person and I m all hope you ll write me back and keep in touch, plz do accept my best regards, yr true friend "


Inside the elipses was another paragraph about himself, his job, and his education. He has a PhD and lives in Morocco so yeah we have so much in common - I mean we have both been to California! His profile would definitely attract me until the second line about the whole Morocco thing. Here I was about to complain about the dude in College Station that I was matched with - this guy makes him seem next door. Luckily, we are true friends now so he will understand when I tell him that Morocco isn't even on my bucket list.

"Is it a burden to be so beautiful?"

Well, since you asked - yes. I hate it. I hate that every guy is stumbling over chairs at bars to hit on me. IT SUCKS. No girl in this world would like that. My question in response - Is it a burden to retype that same cheesy line to every girl you are matched with?

On the positive side, I did get winked at by a 6'8 dude in scrubs. Granted he could just be at the birth of his first child but here's to hoping it's his profession. I winked back. It's kind of like poking on Facebook - I don't get it but it's cute, right?

No comments: