Monday, October 14, 2013

Boxers or Briefer?

So, I have a very limited profile on Match - two pictures and a few sentences about myself.   Whether or not that is a good thing or bad thing, I think that is up for debate.   BUT, let me give you the most recent example of what I would say is oversharing:

Picture #1 - Him in front of a hurst claiming to be a "tall, drink of water" - I am not sure he gets that statement considering I would not drink that water if my life depended on it.   And who takes selfies at a funeral?

Picture #2 - Him laying on the couch - apparently, that is his bed.    So, he thought we should all see a picture of him laying on his bed which is a couch.   I don't get it.

Picture #3 - Him and a massacred hog holding a machete - SICK.    I don't hate hunting but I do not find it necessary to include a disgustingly bloody picture on a dating profile.

Picture #4 - A picture of his truck covered in mud.   Honestly, I was a little relieved by this one - his opening statement included that one of his favorite things to do was play in mud.    I was just glad by playing in mud he didn't mean he went outside and flopped around in mud as a past time.   Instead, he does what all the cool kids did in high school and takes his expensive car to get dirty.  

Picture #5-24 - An abundance of selfies with various family members including his two daughters.

Picture #25 - (Don't ask me how I even made it this far) The final picture was of his boxers.   That's right - his skibbies.    The caption says - my daughters take everything from me including my boxers.   UGHHHH????   What?   That is freaking weird.  

Clearly, this is not my match.   But in other news, the text guy is maybe more of a weirdo than I thought.    He will send me 6 texts for every one reponse I send.    Last week he included an eCard with a political/racist/sexual joke - all in one.    I haven't responded since.   Mostly because it wasn't even funny in the slightest but also because I think it is super ballsy to send that kind of joke with ZERO clue what my background and beliefs might be.   So, things are going swimmingly over on Match - you should all try it!  

No comments: