Thursday, May 20, 2010

OPP

Our lobby was full with about 15 people this morning applying for a hospitality gig at a random convention this weekend. I was working with the new girl (finally replaced fettuccine Alfredo) on how to run applications and backgrounds. Apparently, the hospitality industry loves them some drugs. I sort of remember that when I was a hostess at 16 but I was also so freaking naive that I probably thought "drugs" were only prescriptions. Anyway, lots and lots of these people have been in trouble with the poe-poe for said drugs. Oh yeah - Amsterdam girl the other day is another example. Anyhow, apparently my client recognizes the problem (or takes a part in it) so they do not have a background policy and also do not require a pre-employment drug screen. Well, Rico Suave walks in our office earlier and as part of my training I made the new gal run his background. Dude had a rap-sheet including way more than drugs. Theft, larceny, assault - etc. Enough on his background that we couldn't help him. So, V tells him that we can't work with him and he is pissed. He throws his hands out of his pocket and something comes flying out - he sees it and runs. I see it and gag. L sees it and dies laughing. Home-dude brought in someone else's pee via condom. Yes, you read that right. He knew he would not pass his drug screen so he probably had his 4-year old niece pee in a cup for him. When he couldn't find a trusty zip-lock he decided to go for his stash of the other trusty carrying device that is known for never breaking. He then stuffed the pee filled condom in his pocket where it remained for at least an hour while in our lobby. Here's to really hoping he washes his jeans when he gets home. The condom itself open in your pocket is enough to give me the heeby-jeebies much less one filled with OPP (other people's pee). Gross.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Why can't stuff like that happen at my job? More importantly, is he on eharms?

Anonymous said...

I don't know which is worse, the pee or the fact that the guy clearly has condoms handy- you should have seen him. Wonder who the lucky lady is? Separate note- can you imagine trying to pee into that thing? Talk about difficult.

HK said...

Do they have to blow it up first?

HK said...

A - don't worry I got his number on the way out so I can totally ask him out or at least hit him up for some extra condoms!